Projects are critical components of an organisation’s business strategy so their success has great influence over organisational performance. The BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management from AIM will equip you with the broad range of skills required to plan, lead and execute the end-to-end delivery of your organisation’s projects. Take the lead with confidence on your next project with this nationally recognised qualification. Guided by the best practice principles outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK®), the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management from AIM is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management.
This course is especially suited to those who want to build capability as a project manager, the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management is a broad qualification designed to boost your ability to coordinate all aspects of the project management lifecycle. Individuals undertaking this qualification may already manage projects across a number of industry sectors and are responsible for achieving project objectives.
Course Outcomes and Units Achieved
Achievement of the Diploma of Project Management (BSB50820) requires the completion of 12 units (8 core units and 4 elective units).
- BSBPMG530 Manage project scope– obtain project authorisation, develop a scope management plan and manage project scope controls.
- BSBPMG531 Manage project time– determine and implement the project schedule and assess time management outcomes.
- BSBPMG532 Manage project quality– determine quality requirements, implement quality control processes and use review and evaluation to make quality improvements.
- BSBPMG533 Manage project cost– analyse and refine project costs to produce a budget to control project expenditure.
- BSBPMG534 Manage project human resources– plan for human resources, provide training and development and lead the project team.
- BSBPMG535 Manage project information and communication– ensure timely and appropriate collection, and dissemination of information.
- BSBPMG536 Manage project risk– identify, analyse and monitor project risks and assess risk management outcomes.
- BSBPMG540 Manage project integration– integrate and balance project functions to align with strategies and objectives.
Pre-selected elective units
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement– develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.
- BSBPMG537 Manage project procurement– determine procurement requirements, establish processes and conduct procurement activities.
- BSBPMG538 Manage project stakeholder engagement– identify stakeholder interests, facilitate engagement and manage communications.
- BSBPMG539 Manage project governance– Apply policies and procedures and review project governance.
Entry or Workplace Requirements
Students must be over 18 years old, have an education level minimum year 12 or Certificate IV. They must also have work experience and access to workplace, be technologically literate and be proficient in English.
Delivery Method and Time Requirements
Online or Blended (face-to-face and online) training.
This course takes 12 months to compete.
$6,030.00 (includes Feedlot TECH discount)