A successful project relies on the effectiveness of the entire project team. If you want to get a firm grasp of the principles of project management, this practical qualification will boost your confidence and help you become a vital part of any project team. Based around an industry leading project management methodology (PMBoK®), AIM’s BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is the perfect way to learn project management skills that can be used in a wide variety of contexts.
This course is suitable for any industry or sector, this qualification will prepare you to become more involved in workplace projects by teaching you how to apply a recognised project management methodology. Offering a thorough grounding in project management, this qualification is great for members of project teams with no direct responsibility for overall project outcomes or small business operators.
Course Outcomes and Units Achieved
Achievement of the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB40920) requires the completion of 3 core units and 6 elective units.
- BSBPMG420 Apply project scope management techniques – identify objectives, deliverables, constraints, assumptions and outcomes, and apply controls.
- BSBPMG421 Apply project time management techniques – develop, maintain and evaluate project schedules.
- BSBPMG422 Apply project quality management techniques – contribute to quality planning, procedures and continuous improvement to enhance project outcomes.
Pre-selected elective units
- BSBPMG423 Apply project cost management techniques – assist in producing a project budget, monitor expenditure and contribute to cost finalisation.
- BSBPMG424 Apply project human resources management approaches – understand staffing requirements, identify training needs and resolve conflict.
- BSBPMG425 Apply project information management and communications techniques – provide a critical link between people and information at all stages of the project.
- BSBPMG426 Apply project risk management techniques – plan for risk, control risk and review associated outcomes.
- BSBPMG427 Apply project procurement procedures – identify procurement requirements, supplier selection, and conduct procurement and finalisation activities.
- BSBPMG429 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques – ensure timely involvement of key stakeholders throughout the project.
Entry or Workplace Requirements
Students must be over 18 years old, have an education level minimum year 10 or Certificate III. They must also have work experience and access to workplace, be technologically literate and be proficient in English.
Delivery Method and Time Requirements
Online or Blended (face-to-face and online) training.
This course takes 12 months to compete.
$3,555.00 (includes Feedlot TECH discount)