Understanding the technologies available to improve water and energy usage and efficiency on feedlots.
This 1.5hours online webinar was delivered on 24th March 2021. This workshop will benefit feedlot owners/operators and feed mill teams. Topics covered include:
Making the most of energy sources – Carl Duncan, Smart Business Hub
- What are the sources of energy on a feedlot?
- Deep diving into the results of a 12-month energy audit of a 20,000 head feedlot.
- What did they discover?
- Feedlot energy and water usage, how do we stack up?
- Opportunities for energy efficiencies.
Exploring thermal energy & how to improve cost efficiencies – Max Barnes, All Energy Pty Ltd
- Procuring best cost energy sources for feedlots.
- Energy sources to improve feedlot sustainability: the next 10 years
Advancements in boilers & energy – Rob Fowler, East Coast Steam
- Key tips for maximising boiler efficiency and saving money.
- Economizers & combustion control – costs & benefits.
Training Location and Delivery method
Webinar recording available via the Feedlot TECH Training Hub. Approximately 1.5 hours in length.
Free to all feedlots, employees and industry associated individuals.
To access training
Sign in or create an account on the Feedlot TECH Training Hub to access online feedlot specific skills training. To create an account on the Training Hub, click ‘sign up now’ on the login page, determine a password, confirm you email address and complete the verification form. When prompted, enter your feedlot NFAS or Group Number to ensure fast verification and access to training.
Proudly brought to you by the Australian Lot Feeders’ Association (ALFA) and Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA).
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA)