The workshop aims to instil and improve animal nutrition practices directly related to animal health and welfare in Australian feedlots.
This workshop will benefit all feedlot staff, particularly staff members who work within or with the feed team. It will also benefit those involved as suppliers to the feedlot industry in order to understand the specific requirements of feedlots to produce their quality grain fed beef product. This workshop will be presented by Dr Rob Lawrence, Integrated Animal Production and Dr Brent Berry, Bovine Dynamics.
This workshop is proudly supported by Meat & Livestock Australia.
- GTA receival standards, grain sampling and testing
- Loading, mixing and delivery
- NFAS requirements and reportable incidences
- Roller mill optimisation and feed mill maintenance
- Bunk management and its rumen impact
- Step up vs titration
- Factors that affect feed intake
- Alternative feeding programs (e.g. wagyu)
- Objective measurements and production implications
Training Location and Dates
Coming in 2022.
The workshop will be delivered over three live-streamed 2-hour webinar sessions at 1pm on Wednesdays. Due to COVID-19 ALFA is currently unable to deliver the face-to-face Nutrition & Milling Training until further notice.
ALFA Member – $110 per person
Non-Member – $165 per person
Capped fee applies for groups of 3+.