- This event has passed.
ALFA Feedlot Automation Webinar
November 17, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm$55 – $85
Registrations are now open for ALFA & MLA’s online webinar on Feedlot Automation which will be delivered live on 17 November, 2021.
The webinar will extend the research findings of MLA Research Projects in relation to feedlot automation, such as the bunk trials, automatic crush and bunk scanner, to promote understanding and adoption of the new technologies available to automate processes on Australian feedlots.
This workshop will benefit feedlot owners and those interested in technologies to improve lot feeding efficiencies.
The topics will be covered over a 2-hour lunchtime online zoom session.
- Joe McMeniman, MLA
- Jeremy Blampied, Te Pari Products
- Matt George, Bovine Dynamics
- Sam Platts, Bovine Dynamics
- Jeff Jurd, Mort & Co Pinegrove Feedlot
- Stuart McCarthy, Manabotix
- Hosted by Jeff House, ALFA/MLA Technical Services Officer
- Introduction to and overview of the research – Background to the projects and the issues the tech aims to address.
- Cattle crush automation – An overview of the automated cattle crush that catches, injects and backlines the beast, how the product works, video of NZ Trial site.
- Bunk scanner trials – Introduction to the technology, overview of project results, what are the benefits to day-to-day feedlot operations.
- Case study: implementing the BunkBot – Introduction to technology, implementation process from a technical point of view, benefits seen at Pinegrove since implementation, implementation process from a practical point of view; change in processes, staff training, adoption lead time.
DATE & TIME
The webinar topics will be delivered over one live-streamed 2-hour webinar sessions at 12 noon (AEST) on the following date:
- Wednesday, 17 November 2021
If you are unavailable for the live session, a recording will be made available via the new feedlot industry training platform, Feedlot TECH, to catch up and revisit for the following 9 months for those registered.