Team leaders and frontline managers are a vital link between employees and senior management in every organisation. This qualification has been developed to provide you with the comprehensive skills you’ll need to lead, guide and support your own team while organising and monitoring their workload. AIM’s BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management teaches the essential knowledge that will allow you to analyse information in order to apply solutions to a range of dynamic business problems.
If you’re in or looking for a role where you’ll be leading, guiding and monitoring the effective performance of individuals and teams, AIM’s BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is designed as a great entry point into your new career. By taking a practical approach to expanding your own leadership and management capability, this qualification is designed to develop emerging leaders and managers across a range of industries and organisations.
Course Outcomes and Units Achieved
Achievement of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB40520) requires the completion of 12 units (5 core units and 7 elective units).
Core unit overview
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace– evaluate own behaviour and performance against organisational standards and values and adjust to ensure they contribute to the integrity and credibility of the organisation, facilitate processes to make decisions that are based on relevant information, examination of options and associated risks, and input from relevant people.
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships – communicate and consult with team members, develop trust as a role model and maintain effective networks.
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans – identify resource requirements and performance objectives, manage and support personnel to achieve performance objectives, monitor operational performance, and provide reports on performance as required by the organisation.
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace– select appropriate communication method for relevant audience and according to organisational requirements, and demonstrate problem solving techniques to negotiate and resolve communication challenges.
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team– assign tasks to team members with appropriate instruction, provide feedback and assistance, collate feedback on individual and team performance, identify and implement development opportunities for others, and manage conflicts and challenges according to organisational requirements.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations– adapt delivery style and tone according to the mood of the conversation, and understand and react to relevant personnel using conviction and empathy.
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes– identify different types of organisational risks, consult with stakeholders to analyse and evaluate risks, and implement control measures.
- BSBPEF401 Manage personal health and wellbeing– evaluate factors that may impact personal health and wellbeing in own personal life and work environment, locate and assess applicable resources, and monitor variations in personal circumstances, health, and wellbeing.
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities– monitor and obtain feedback on own work performance and access learning opportunities for professional development.
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work– develop a project plan, implement, monitor, finalise and review the project and determine lessons learned.
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments– encourage others to contribute to innovation, implement and communicate improvements, reflect on activities, feedback and challenges to identity improvement options, and model open and respectful communications.
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs– implement and monitor procedures for WHS training, hazard identification, risk control and record keeping.
Entry or Workplace Requirements
Students must be over 18 years old, have an education level minimum year 10 or Certificate III. They must also have work experience and access to workplace, be technologically literate and be proficient in English.
Delivery Method and Time Requirements
Online or Blended (face-to-face and online) training.
This course takes 12 months to compete.
$4,905.00 (includes Feedlot TECH discount)