Instilling and improving animal husbandry practices directly related to animal health and welfare in Australian feedlots.
This workshop differs from ALFA’s Animal Welfare Officer (AWO) Training in that it is not accredited and is suited to all skillset levels. This workshop will benefit all feedlot staff, particularly staff members who are handling cattle on a day-to-day basis.
This workshop will be presented by Dr David Frith, Quirindi Feedlot Services and Dr Kev Sullivan, Bell Vet Services.
- ALFA Industry Initiatives
- Internal Animal Welfare Audits
- Transport of Livestock – Fit to Load
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Managing Cattle into the Feedlot – Background/Induction/Managing New Cattle
- Heat Load Management – Enacting your Action Plan in a Heat Load Event
- Feedlot Biosecurity
- Post-Mortems – Correct Procedures and Sampling
- Feedlot Hospital Systems: Structure and Protocols
Online (National wide)
The workshop will be delivered over three live-streamed 2-hour webinar sessions at 1pm on Wednesdays. Due to COVID-19 ALFA is currently unable to deliver the face-to-face Animal Health & Welfare Training until further notice.
ALFA Member – $110 per person
Non-Member – $165 per person
Capped fee applies for groups of 3+
Registration covers online access to the webinars, all pre-webinar materials, post-webinar copies of the presentations and a certificate of completion.