The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment is the current version of the qualification prescribed by the Department of Education and Training as the minimum requirement to train and/or assess accredited Vocational Education & Training (VET) in Australia. Along with relevant vocational qualifications or competence, this qualification enables individuals to train and/or assess VET subjects in (Secondary) Schools, TAFE institutes and Private Registered Training Organisations (RTO) nationwide.
About the Course
This program is designed for vocationally qualified or skilled individuals who are seeking to become a qualified Trainer and/or Assessor in their field of expertise. This can be in a Corporate or Workplace setting, Secondary School Teachers who have been asked to or are intending to deliver a VET program within their School, or in a formal Vocational Education and Training (VET) environment such as an RTO or TAFE Institute.
It is designed for those who are currently working in a training role that are well supported by other trainers and management, affording a slightly more intensive mode of delivery in recognition of the ability to apply learning and integrate assessments with normal work activities.
Upon successful course completion, participants will have developed the skills and knowledge to:
- Work within an accredited, competency-based training framework
- Work within the Vocational Education & Training quality framework
- Design, develop and deliver engaging group training programs
- Design and develop robust and rigorous assessment tools
- Plan and conduct assessments
- Validate the effectiveness of all resources and outcomes.
The online program is recommended for those who possess a high degree of self-direction and self-sufficiency. The online option allows self-driven participants to work through the learning and assessment activities in a self-paced manner, at a time and in a location that is convenient to them. Having said all that, our participants don’t go it alone! All TAE Academy online participants are supported by our trainers and assessors who are available to aid in the clarification of content and assessment tasks as required.
Features and Benefits
- The online program is self-paced allowing you to work through the course in your own time
- Access to eLearning, step by step videos, learner guides and structured learning activities to ensure a holistic learning experience; preparing you to become an exceptional Trainer
- Assessment task templates with detailed instructions, help guides and samples
- TAE Trainers are available to support you with advice and further clarification of tasks
- Fast response times to all support requests.
- Login to the Learning Management System to complete the enrolment process
- Complete the online guided e-Learning activities
- Complete practical tasks in your current workplace
- Complete and submit the assessments tasks online.
The amount of time required to complete all course requirements will vary depending on the individual and multiple factors such as previous experience, current level of skill and knowledge, and the ability to integrate assessment tasks within and around normal work activities. The average completion timeframe rangers between 6-12 months.
Assessment methods typically include a combination of:
- Written questions (online)
- Practical tasks; real training sessions, real learner assessments, real assessment development, validation activities, gathering feedback etc.
- Other project tasks; training analysis, assessment plans, session plans etc.
For some tasks, you will require support in your own workplace such as a supervisor / manager for completing workplace third party report statements. For conducting assessments under supervision, you will require access to someone that is TAE40116 qualified.
Course Outcomes and Units covered
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment requires the completion of 10 units across 6 main topic areas.
Introduction to VET and the Competency Frameworks
Designing courses and learning programs
- TAEDES402 – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet clients’ needs
- TAEDES401 – Design and develop learning programs
Group-based and workplace training delivery
- TAEDEL401 – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
Preparing and delivering presentations
- BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation (elective)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy support in VET
- TAELLN411 – Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Planning, designing, developing and conducting assessments
- TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS402 – Assess competence
Validating assessment tools and outcomes
- TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation
To undertake this program, participants must:
- Be either vocationally qualified, or able to demonstrate vocational competence through work experience (this is usually done by providing a current copy of your CV and possibly references from your employer)
- Have access to real learners– coursework requires participants to deliver training sessions and conduct assessments with real learners under supervision.
Note: “Vocational learners’’ do not need to be enrolled in a VET specific course or TAFE, they are simply anyone in your workplace that you can teach further skills and knowledge to as part of their job.
The majority of assessment tasks in this program are required to be completed using templates in Microsoft Word. Therefore, participants need to be reasonably proficient using MS Word and also able to perform other basic computer tasks, such as familiarity and competence in using web-based interfaces in order to easily navigate and use the online portal.
TAE Academy does not provide tuition in using computer technologies and programs. If you do not currently possess these skills, it is highly recommended that you first seek some basic training prior to undertaking this course.
$1,790 per participant (GST Free)