The ALFA Pen Cleaning, Manure & Environmental Management Webinar Series was held in March 2021, via 3 online webinars. These recordings are now available via the Feedlot TECH Training Hub, for all feedlots and industry affiliated businesses.
These webinar recordings will benefit anyone involved in:
- Managing manure, effluent, and its environmental impact
- Feedlot maintenance
- Feedlot planning and operations
- Farms and farming operations
- QA management
- Animal and human welfare
- Ensuring feedlot upkeep and pen maintenance
Co-authors of the Waste Management Utilisation Manual:
- Rod Davis
- Robyn Tucker; and
- Dr Joe McMeniman, Meat & Livestock Australia
- Lot Feeder Case Studies
- Pen surface management & it’s impact on performance
- Protecting the environment
- Pen cleaning 101
- Odour, dust & flies
- Manure handling & storage
- Manure composting
- Manure quality & utilisation
- Feedlot effluent management
- Pen surface maintenance
- Future research
- Case studies
Training Location and Delivery method
Online Webinar Recordings available via the Feedlot TECH Training Hub. Approximately 6 hours in length.
Free to all feedlots, employees and industry associated individuals.
To access training
Sign in or create an account on the Feedlot TECH Training Hub to access online feedlot specific skills training. To create an account on the Training Hub, click ‘sign up now’ on the login page, determine a password, confirm you email address and complete the verification form. When prompted, enter your feedlot NFAS or Group Number to ensure fast verification and access to training.
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA)