Remote work has quickly become a common occurrence in most sectors and industries, making it imperative that managers gain the correct skills to engage and lead their staff from afar.
The Leading Virtual Teams virtual learning series explores the benefits, nuances, and challenges of managing remote employees. Recognising that non-traditional forms of working require non-traditional approaches to leadership, you’ll learn vital strategies for engaging team members, maintaining high performance, and facilitating team cohesion. With a focus on communication you’ll learn tools and techniques to create a virtual team culture built on connection, collaboration, and commitment.
The Leading Virtual Teams virtual class is intended for managers who are responsible for the productivity of remote employees and maintaining effective cooperation between disconnected team members.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Establish ground rules for working in the virtual world
- Identify and mitigate potential challenges for remote employees
- Maintain meaningful communication with employees without becoming a virtual micro-manager
- Use tools and technology to enable teamwork and team problem solving
- Effectively manage the performance of remote team members
- Adopt leadership behaviours necessary to support successful virtual teams
Entry or Workplace Requirements
There are no entry or workplace requirements to attend this course.
Delivery Method and Time Requirements
Online Virtual Learning Session – 2 x 90-minute sessions across 2 days
$445.50 (includes 10% Feedlot TECH discount)