Website The North Australian Pastoral Company - NAPCo
Generations of Quality - Since 1877
Due to an internal promotion at NAPCo’s Wainui Feedlot we are looking for a Feedlot Operations Manager to join our growing team| Permanent full-time position | Wainui, QLD
Located between Dalby and Toowoomba, the Wainui Feedlot has a reputation for staff retention, tidiness and operational excellence. At NAPCo, we employ over 200 people across a portfolio of 13 stations located across Queensland and the Northern Territory, an award-winning Feedlot and Farm in the Darling Downs and a Corporate Office located in Brisbane CBD.
The Wainui Feedlot has an 18,000 head capacity which are mostly sourced from our organised supply chain of properties. Feed rations are mixed on-site using grain processed through our state-of-the-art feed mill. A 4,600 hectare dry-land and irrigated farming enterprise also operates on the property.
About the role
Reporting to the Feedlot Manager, you will support the coordination and management of daily feedlot operations ensuring objectives and budget are met whilst adhering to policy and regulatory requirements. Driving continuous improvement and operational excellence, you may find yourself in the office, out in the mill, operating machinery, reviewing performance data or coordinating teams across the feedlot.
Key responsibilities will span:
- People management – positive team culture, staff retention, mentoring and training staff, whilst fostering NAPCo’s heritage and traditional principals.
- Operational management – work with the Feedlot, Administration, Livestock, Farm and Maintenance Managers to plan, communicate and achieve operational objectives across procurement, inventory control, logistics, cattle nutrition, reporting, projects, and resource development etc.
- Compliance – ensure operations are compliant and meet the regulatory requirements and maintain QA & OHS systems
- Administration – monitor budgets, reporting, undertake data analysis supporting informed decision making, ensure records are maintained compliantly.
- Community – engage, promote and maintain community relationships positively representing the NAPCo brand.
Key to successfully delivering in this position, is excellent feedlot operations knowledge but most importantly possess an honest and hardworking attitude and exceptional leadership skills.
Ideally you will have:
- Logical and common-sense approach
- Excellent feedlot industry knowledge with operational understanding
- Knowledge of livestock behaviour and habits
- Analytical skills with an attitude for continuous improvement
- Advanced skills managing teams in a fast-paced environment, embracing NAPCo culture
- Business acumen with a high attention to detail
- Ability to foster and maintain sound working relationships with key stakeholders at multiple levels
- Good organisational skills and the ability to change priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
What we offer
- Permanent Full-time Position | Competitive remuneration package
- On site accommodation
- Ongoing training and development for career progression
- Uniform Allowance
Pre-employment requirements – Prior to commencement, all new employees are required to undertake an Australian National Police Check and are also required to be vaccinated against Q Fever (all associated costs covered by NAPCO).
For more information and to apply, please visit our website https://napco.com.au/careers/ .
For a confidential conversation please call HR on 0429 399 630. Applications close 11th August 2022.
NAPCo is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces, promotes and values diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit hcm616.peoplestreme.net.