Website The North Australian Pastoral Company - NAPCo
Generations of Quality - Since 1877
We are looking for a Feedlot Mill Operator to join our growing crew at the Wainui Feedlot | Permanent full-time position
The North Australian Pastoral Company (NAPCo) was founded in 1877 and is one of Australia’s leading cattle companies, managing over 6.1 million hectares and home of Australia’s First Carbon Neutral Beef – Five Founders. NAPCo employs approximately 230 staff operating across Queensland and the Northern Territory, with 13 cattle stations, a Depot in Mount Isa, a Feedlot and Farm on the Darling Downs and an office in Brisbane’s CBD.
The Wainui Feedlot has an 18,000 head capacity, feed rations are mixed on-site using grain processed through a state of the art feed mill. A 4,600 hectare dry-land and irrigated farming enterprise also operates on the property. Located between Dalby and Toowoomba, the Wainui Feedlot has a reputation for staff retention, tidiness and operational excellence.
About the role
Reporting to the Feedlot Operations Manager, you will be joining our growing Wainui team as a Feedlot Mill Operator in Permanent full-time position working a 10/4 Roster. This role will support the operations in a variety of tasks, primarily in the Feed mill, undertaking maintenance, and machinery operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily preparation of commodities
- Operating boiler and steam flake mills
- Feed preparation, batching and delivery
- Driving the feed truck to deliver feed to cattle
- Operating loader to load commodities into feed truck
- Maintaining mill areas and commodity shed and general feedlot maintenance as required
- Operating machinery, such as Loader, Bobcat, Prime Mover and Side Tipper, Excavator where
- Adhering to all HSE requirements and operating equipment in a safe and responsible manner
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Prior feed milling experience, desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in driving a feed truck, ideal but not essential
- Experience in machinery operations, loader operator tickets will be highly regarded
- The desire to undertake training & licensing including mill operations, working at heights, confined spaces, boiler operations etc
- Have good verbal communications skills, be responsible and take pride in your work
- Committed to working safely in accordance with NAPCo’s HSE policies and procedures
- Be reliable, honest and hard-working, with a willingness to learn
- Be comfortable working autonomously or as a team
- As this role is varied in scope you may not have all the experience and qualifications at the time of application, NAPCo will provide training, so personality and willingness to learn are key traits.
- Great team environment and company culture!
- Permanent full-time position with a competitive day rate
- Uniform allowance
- Training and development opportunities
Note: This position does not include accommodation.
Pre-employment requirements – Prior to commencement, all new employees are required to undertake an Australian National Police Check and are also required to be vaccinated against Q Fever (all associated costs covered by NAPCO).
For more information on these opportunities, please phone Sam on 0429 399 630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If this sounds ideal for you, please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now”.
NAPCo is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces, promotes and values diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit hcm616.peoplestreme.net.