Website Mort and Co
Come grow with us, be a part of our story
Our diligent and hard-working team at Grassdale Feedlot are looking for a Livestock Supervisor (Movements) to join our experienced operations team in a full-time capacity. This role will work closely with coordinators, supervisors, and management in the Grassdale Feedlot team and will direct all livestock movement operations in an efficient and sustainable manner toward the identified desired outcomes. This role will take full responsibility for all cattle intake, induction, pen/paddock movements, drafting and exits of all livestock based in our state-of-the-art feedlot facilities. Mort & Co is known in the agricultural industry to have standards that are of the highest quality and as such the incumbent for this role will have to have the work ethic, motivation, and skills to match these exceptional standards.
Mort & Co is a revolutionary agricultural company that supports many state-of-the-art facilities across its network that contribute to the vertical supply food chain for which we have grown from the ground up over 25 years in the agricultural industry. Mort and Co prides itself on its inclusive companywide culture, the highest stringent standards in animal welfare and being a true industry leader in agriculture. Grow with us, be part of our story
- Competitive salary based on experience of the successful applicant.
- Work in a dynamic environment with a high performing team and learn from experienced operational staff on site.
- An opportunity to be part of a workplace culture that fosters continuous improvement and innovation.
- Company-owned accommodation in Dalby at competitive rental rates (subject to availability).
- Ensure all operations are performed safely and in accordance with Mort & Co Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) requirements, policy, procedure, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the health and welfare of livestock is given priority and ensure livestock are handled in accordance with low stress livestock handling principles.
- Identify staff training needs and implement suitable training.
- Maintain adequate and efficient skilled labour resources and ensure current workforce are sufficiently skilled to perform the required tasks.
- Formulate and implement efficient and effective staff work rosters.
- Ensure that appropriate actions are taken in response to poor work performance and non-compliance to company policy and procedures.
- Ensure that staff are managed in accordance with and comply with the conditions of the current enterprise agreement in place.
- Communicate all relevant information regularly with other internal management and staff to facilitate effective and efficient operation of the feedlot.
- Maintain records as required by administration and as detailed by company policies and procedures.
- Advanced livestock logistics, welfare and handling skills.
- High computer, numerical & literacy skills is required.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced organisational skills.
- Accurate record keeping skills & attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic & confidentiality.
- Self-motivated & the ability to work autonomously.
For general enquiries, please email The People, Culture & Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 4639 6049.
To apply for this job please visit www.mortco.com.au.