- This event has passed.
Feedlot Shade Research Webinar – Registrations Open
February 16 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Registrations are now open for ALFA & MLA’s webinar on Feedlot Shade Research which will be delivered live on 16 February, 2022 via Zoom.
The webinar will extend the research findings of MLA Research Projects in relation to feedlot shade structures suitable for Australian feedlots.
This workshop will benefit feedlot owners and those interested in advancements in shade design to improve animal welfare and productivity in feedlots.
The presentations will be covered over a 2-hour lunchtime online zoom session and be made available post live-delivery on the online training platform, Feedlot TECH.
Hosted by Jeff House, ALFA/MLA Feedlot Technical Services Officer and joined by:
- Matt Van der Saag, MLA Project Manager – Feedlot & Sustainability
- Dr Peter McGilchrist, University of New England Researcher
- Dr Angela Lees, University of New England Researcher
- Tom Dawkins, Northern Territory Livestock Exporters Association CEO
- Ben Giblett, Berrimah Export Yards Manager
- Ian Lean, Scibus Managing Director
- Mike Ryan, Eagle Direct Managing Director
- Introduction to and overview of the research – Background to the project and the issues it is addressing, including an overview of Shade and Covered housing R&D Strategy – MLA Feedlot Program.
- Shade & shelter solutions in a southern Australian feedlot – An overview of the projects including results from the Summer & Winter Trials, and the recommendations that have come from these.
- Experiences from the top end with covered shed management of cattle on feed in live export yards – Drawing on insights from some of the leading feedlots in SE Asia and how this shaped Berrimah Yards’ approach to its tropical climate management using an Entegra Shed.
- Learnings from the Dairy Industry using covered housing – experiences from the dairy industry on covered housing, exploring production and adoption elements alongside design and sensing technologies.
DATE & TIME
The webinar topics will be delivered over one live-streamed 2-hour webinar sessions at 12:30pm (AEST) on the following date:
- Wednesday, 16 February 2022
If you are unavailable for the live session, a recording will be provided to catch up.
If you need assistance or would like to contact ALFA regarding this webinar, please email email@example.com or call (02) 9290 3700.
This webinar has been developed in collaboration with Meat & Livestock Australia.