- This event has passed.
ANIMAL HEALTH & WELFARE ONLINE WORKSHOP
November 25, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until December 2, 2020
INSTILLING AND IMPROVING ANIMAL HUSBANDRY PRACTICES DIRECTLY RELATED TO ANIMAL HEALTH AND WELFARE IN AUSTRALIAN FEEDLOTS.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
This workshop will benefit all feedlot staff, particularly staff members who are handling cattle on a day-to-day basis.
- Livestock General & Leading Hands
- Livestock Supervisors & Managers
- Milling and Feeding General & Leading Hands
- Office and Administration Staff
- Suppliers to the Feedlot Industry
- Feeder Cattle Suppliers will gain an insight as to why feedlots pay premiums for well-prepared cattle and how to achieve these premiums
TOPICS & DATES
The workshop will be delivered over three live-streamed 2-hour webinar sessions at 1pm on Wednesdays. Your registration covers access to all three webinar sessions. If you are unavailable for a live session, a recording will be provided to catch up. Below is an outline of each webinar session:
WEBINAR 1 – 18 December 2020 (1-3pm AEST)
- ALFA Industry Initiatives
- MLA Research & Development
- Internal Animal Welfare Audits
- Transport of Livestock – Fit to Load
WEBINAR 2 – 25 November 2020 (1-3pm AEST)
- Managing Cattle into the Feedlot – Background/Induction/Managing New Cattle
- Heat Load Management – Enacting your Action Plan in a Heat Load Event
- Feedlot Hospital Systems: Structure and Protocols
- Cattle Euthanasia – Making Effective Decisions
WEBINAR 3 – 2 December 2020 (1-3pm AEST)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Feedlot Biosecurity
- Post-Mortems – Correct Procedures and Sampling
This workshop differs from ALFA’s Animal Welfare Officer (AWO) Training in that it is not accredited and is suited to all skillset levels of feedlot staff. Due to COVID-19 ALFA is currently unable to deliver the face-to-face AWO Training until further notice.
- Dr David Frith, Quirindi Feedlot Services
- Dr Kev Sullivan, Bell Vet Services
ALFA Member $100 pp (inc. GST)
Non-Member $150 pp (inc. GST)
Capped fee for registering more than 3 people!
Fees for feedlots / businesses registering 3 or more people will be capped at $300 (ex GST) for ALFA Members; $450 (exc GST) for Non-Members. Registration covers online access to the webinars, all pre-webinar materials, post-webinar copies of the presentations and a certificate of completion. Unless prior arrangements are made with the ALFA Office, registrations must be fully paid prior to the first webinar or access may be denied.