The ability to produce accurate, clear and concise written communications has never been more important than in this electronic business age. This short course provides the practical skills needed to confidently plan, research and write business documents, enabling you to transform them into powerful, persuasive tools, increasing efficiency and enhancing the overall image of your organisation.
Today the average worker will send approximately 40 emails. This will take about two and a half hours. With so much of our time at work spent writing and the direct important of professional documents, it’s amazing how little training most people receive. The AIM Effective Business Writing course, facilitated by experienced industry practitioners based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide, will teach you all the techniques and knowledge to effectively develop and create professional business communications.
If your current role involves written communication or you’re simply looking to develop your professional writing skills, this is the ideal course for you.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Plan, research and outline business documents
- Establish a written ‘voice’ appropriate to your audience and context
- Effectively use language while avoiding pitfalls such as bias and stereotyping
- Create consistency and credibility in your written communications
- Apply editorial and style techniques
- Write accurately, briefly, clearly, and with a recognisable call to action
- Understand how to use illustrations, graphs and white space in document layout
- Proofread, edit and finish complex documents
Entry or Workplace Requirements
There are no entry or workplace requirements to attend this course.
Delivery Method and Time Requirements
2 day On-Campus Workshop (face-to-face)
Campus Locations: Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide
$1,525.50 (includes 10% Feedlot TECH discount)