The one-and-a-half-day training course, delivered by feedlot veterinarian, Dr Paul Cusack and ALFA’s Technical Services Officer, Jeff House, is aimed at providing feedlot managers, supervisors, key training personnel and quality assurance officers with the most up to date knowledge and skills for the management, assessment, auditing and on-the-job training of animal welfare within a feedlot operation.
This workshop will be run as a combination of classroom and on-site (feedlot) practical work-based assignments followed by a post course assessment process.
This training series is proudly supported by Meat & Livestock Australia and Zoetis.
Course Outcomes and Certification
Upon successful completion of the training and post training activities, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment from TAFE Queensland (RTO Number 0275) for the Animal Welfare Officer Skill Set, containing the following units of competency:
- AMPA2006 – Apply animal welfare and handling requirements
- AMPA416 – Oversee humane handling of animals
- Dr Paul Cusack, Australian Livestock Production Services
- Jeff House, ALFA/MLA Technical Services Officer
Locations and Dates
The face-to-face training will be delivered at the following locations and dates:
- Western Australia, Hyden – 16 & 17 March, 2022
- Queensland, Condamine – 22 & 23 March, 2022
- Queensland, Oakey (1) – 24 & 25 March, 2022
- Queensland, Oakey (2) – 28 & 29 March, 2022
- Queensland, Emerald – 31 March & 1 April, 2022
- New South Wales, Narrandera – 4 & 5 April, 2022
- New South Wales, Tamworth – 7 & 8 April, 2022
- Victoria, Geelong – 11 & 12 April, 2022
- South Australia, Burra – 13 & 14 April, 2022
Specific venue location details will be provided upon enrolment confirmation.
Face-to-face – delivered through a one-and-a-half-day training course. This workshop will be run as a combination of classroom and on-site (feedlot) practical work-based assignments followed by a post course assessment process.
Registration is per person and covers training materials, catering for the 2 days, and certification. Travel to and from the workshop is not included.
Early bird rates: (register by 2 February)
- ALFA MEMBER – $472 (inc gst) per person
- NON-MEMBER – $573 (inc gst) per person
- ALFA MEMBER – $532 (inc gst) per person
- NON-MEMBER – $633 (inc gst) per person
Once registered, you will be emailed a form to complete your enrolment details ahead of the training date.
Terms & Conditions:
ALFA holds events in third-party venues and uses contracted facilitators that may hold their own policies around COVID-19 vaccination and may require ALFA event attendees to check in via a QR code and/or show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination certificate or medical exemption. ALFA holds no responsibility for your ability to access a venue if you cannot produce sufficient evidence of vaccination or if you choose not to adhere to the venue’s check-in requirements. No refunds will be issued if you are denied access to the venue due to the above outlined conditions.